Thread: Port Town

Wip Port Town

Here is a port town I am working on, and would like some feedback.
    Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Port Town.png 
Views:	371 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	11829  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

This is good stuff. My eye wants the lines to be more similar (thick on trees and thin on buildings) but it's no major thing.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

It's not really a port *town* yet, but after you add some more buildings it will be. Also what Ascension said, excpet I think that might be problematic because you're using objects, right?

Nice, but I am not sure of the scale. Some of the buildings look huge compared to the ships. And as some of the ships seem to have three sails, they should be pretty large themselves!

Are you going to add roads or leave it like this by the way?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Guild Journeyer

You don't seem to have much of a harbor going there, looks like the village was just put down on a long sandy beach that is open to the ocean.

I would also suggest scaling up the docks/ships a little, and try to get a wider range of ship sizes.

Where did you get those ship symbols?

I agree with the scaling comments. If you are using objects, try to find different sized ones rather than scaling so radically (the trees are a good example in the NE with some having very thick lines and some having very thin lines).

Good effort, however!

-Rob A>

I already like it. But I have to say, too, that the ships seem to be very small compared to the houses. And, yeah, some roads in the map might be great ...