Thread: Shadow Clock

Post Shadow Clock

I had some requests from the Paizo boards to do a layout for an encounter area called the Shadow Clock (Pathfinder Adventure Path #2, Skinsaw Murders). The published maps were done by Rob Lazzaretti, who must have been under a deadline or something, because they were less than ideal (but I still have much respect for Mr. Lazzaretti's fine work).

So here's what I came up with. I used a funky perspective to make it feel out-of-balance and leaning (the tower is supposed to be dilapidated and practically ready to fall down at any time).

I gotta' tell you, I'm loving this Sketchup program.

-RLucci
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RotRL-SC-2.jpg 
Views:	1248 
Size:	610.6 KB 
ID:	11839  

Another great map rlucci! How much time did you spend on it?

Your recent models have really gotten me into Google Sketchup. I have seen people creating entire fantasy city maps with the program and the end result is amazing. There's a lot of models also available to quickly fill a city.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

You definitely seem to have 'the touch' with Sketchup - another nice piece.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    How much time did you spend on it?
    It's hard to say as I mixed it up with other stuff I had to do during the day. Umm, I'd say about... 6 hours? Most of that was figuring out an efficient way to make all those stairs. I considered counting them, but feared for my sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by rlucci View Post
    It's hard to say as I mixed it up with other stuff I had to do during the day. Umm, I'd say about... 6 hours? Most of that was figuring out an efficient way to make all those stairs. I considered counting them, but feared for my sanity.
    Haha, yeah I saw in a video tutorial that creating stairs can be a bit timeconsuming. And you have a lot of stairs
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...