Thread: Gimp <>Photoshop conversions

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Info Gimp <>Photoshop conversions

This might not be the best place for this thread and if there is one please but it there. Thanks.

I am a new user of Gimp, and have never used Photoshop, and have found many a tutorial that I really want to try. Many of them for Photoshop. I was wondering if people have any notes on what they do to make up for the diffences between these two popular program.

I will try to keep this OP updated to any suggestions crediting the originator

Thanks.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

The best bit of advice I can give is to read through all of the comments before reading the tut because there will often be tips and suggestions for conversion contained within those following posts. Keep the web page open while you work and follow along until you hit a snag, then read through the posts for conversion tips, then come back. If that fails, just post up a question and someone will come along and help ya out.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

One of the reasons for starting this thread is that I have been reading the WIP and Tut forums and I find that suggestions are often made outside the tuts themselves. I have found sometimes that when I hit a stumbling block, I remember someone mentioning a work-around some where, but I never can remember where it was. I usually work with the printed tut in front of me and often look ahead to see if the question has already been asked and answered.

I just thought that having peoples work-arounds for both directions all in one conveinient place might be a good idea.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent