Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tutorials in PDF Format

Hey there Vandy. I thought I'd pop in to let you know about a couple of new GIMP pdf tutorials:

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Last edited by arsheesh; 04-11-2012 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Added More Links

Hello everybody.

Looks like my english ist too bad (I'm German), because I'm working with Giide's "Ascension's Atlas Tutorial in GIMP" and have some problems there.

On Site 2 stands:

k. Switch to the Channels dialog (if you don't see it, you can make it appear by using the Windows Dockable Dialogs menu option. At the bottom of the channels dialog, click the new channel icon. Name
    the new channel Coastline, and check the box for Initialize from Selection.
    I don't understand what "... and check the box for Initialize from Selection." means. Which box must I checked in Gimp 2.6? I can't find any checkbox with the Name "Initialize from Selection" or anything like that (or a german counterpart).

Please don't let me walk in the dark.

Cincerely,

Chazsmyr

Thank you very much for this useful post.

Salu2

From Hell...

Thank you for the huge amount of reference material to learn from.

Hey there! I found this tutorial by Hai-Etlik for inkscape already in pdf format and noticed it wasn't already in the index on here. Hopefully this helps in some way. I'm currently going through it (I decided to use inkscape) and I've found it to be pretty helpful.

Wow!!! At last - a How to do it in GIMP!!! Thanku so much.

Guild Novice

Thank you for putting the tutorials in one place! Learners like me thank you profusively!!

Sorpaw

Just an FYI, since Vandy hasn't been around recently and there are tons of great tutorials in PDF format that were not listed, I've just updated and expanded this thread to include them. Hopefully this will make this thread more useful for new members. I've searched up to 12 pages into the Tutorials archives so anything older than that hasn't been included. So if you see anything else that should be included please post a message and I'll add it to the list.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Is there any GIMP tutorial that is completely for beginners? I have practically no clue in using it, and the tutorials have "Basic knowledge is expected from readers" tagged in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange_Kid View Post
    Is there any GIMP tutorial that is completely for beginners? I have practically no clue in using it, and the tutorials have "Basic knowledge is expected from readers" tagged in it.
    I think the Gimp website is a good place to start : http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/

Most of the turorials here are there to help making maps not to exlain how the software works.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast