Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Abebe

Since this was originally supposed to be repeatable with any future maps, I decided to try documenting (for myself) why I've done so far. As I started I decided to share it here in case anyone else can benefit/improve upon the style. I wish I could remember every tutorial I've looked at or used to learn while creating this map. There have been several, usually mentioned in this thread while I've experimented with them, to which I can direct 90% of the credit. Thanks!

Attached should be a pdf with screen captures of each layer on my main map, captures of selected effects box settings, and some commenting. Hopefully it's of use to someone, even in its very raw form. The image shots are from CS5 (a recent upgrade), but this was all create in CS4 after land-only, water-only, texture-only, heigh-map only maps were output from FT Pro.

EDIT: the pdf is too large, so I'm hosting it here for anyone who wants to grab it: http://rapidshare.com/files/44609075...tyle-notes.pdf

I noticed that the old link to the pdf file that details with screen captures ever layer and style I used to get this far, well, it died. So here's a new link. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?futegphadv8mxu5

Awesome map. And thank you for the pdf, I'll look through it and I'm sure I can learn something from it as I am new to this and making my first map.

I am curious, can you add country borders and cities to your google maps map? (that function like they would in the normal google earth map?) That would be epic.
    Last edited by s0meguy; 04-24-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Thanks! If you have questions, feel free to ask (if I don't reply very fast, remind me with a PM )

As for country borders and cities...you can add labelled markers, at the very least; I'm not sure about the rest. I was experimenting with additional layers for states/regions that did the usual coloured border with gradient to clear, but it didn't work with the map the way I have it now, so I put it off. I'd be putting it on a desaturated version I think.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789