Thread: Printing Maps

Help Printing Maps

I was looking to see what it would cost to get Maps Profesionily printed but the only site i found was Gamer Printshop and there online store does not seem to be working. Has anyone ever had maps printed profesionly and do you have any sugjestions ?

Post Actually it works fine...

Actually, Gamer Printshop works fine, there is a broken link on the main page, but the Ecommerce site is up and running no problem.

What you don't realize is that the Ecommerce site is for maps of publishers and cartographers available for printing.

If you want your own map, you need to contact me personally through Email requesting what you need.

My email address is support (at) gamer-printshop (dot com).

For your information, full color printing is $2.99 per square foot, which means a 24" x 36" print is 6 square feet or $17.94 for a print. You will have to add $3.60 if you want that laminated. Shipping including the mailing tube will run an additional $10. Just send me an email detailing how many maps, what dimension and if you need lamination. I will email back an exact quote. You pay through Paypal money transfer through my same Email address, once I receive notification from Paypal, I will print, and/or laminate your maps and ship them to you.

You will need to send your files to my FTP site, which I'll provide you account information in my return email. You will need to use a free FTP app, like WS-FTP or Core-FTP, whichever you are familiar with (or other FTP app.)

You will need to provide your mailing address. That its.

Its says all this on the site. But I've informed you so now let's get this started.

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 04-01-2009 at 08:30 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Thanks this was just what i was looking for I will have to redrtaw my map thoe because i used the defalt size of 1000 x 800 and acording to the pdf on your web site it says i need to use 3350 x 2350. if anyone knows how i can change tis isn cc3 esyly let me know thanks.

I don't have CC3 on the computer I am posting from, so I can't exactly walk you through it. Giving it a try: when saving your map you can choose to save as a rectangular selection JPG. Pick that one and click "Options" or something like that. You will then be able to set the resolution. Once you click save you will need to drag a selection box on the part of your map you want printed.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Post I need to change that!

Gandwarf is right, you don't need to redo your map - may statement about size, was back in the days I didn't quite understand CC3, I still don't know much, but I know enough that my statement was wrong.

When you save your file, Gandwarf said, select options and you can export to the size you want printed. So you don't have to to redo the map - my bad!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Thanks I had already started the new map and found that the image @ 2350 x 3550 ( The print size for a 2 ft By 3 ft map after printer boarder) looked much difrent than the standard 800 x 1000 so I made them both into .JPG files @ 2350 x 3550 to see what they would print like the one that started @ 2350 x 3550 looked like this

and the one that started out @ the standard 800 x 1000 looked like this

so i have desided to redo the map in order to get the best posibel looking printed map.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

That green one is nice.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps