Thread: The Iraldian Highlands and Peninsula

Wip The Iraldian Highlands and Peninsula

This is a new map that I am working on. It is the Iraldian Peninsula in the southern portion of the Free States, in my world of Kesumi.

The Iraldian Highlands are a chain of low mountains and hills. The highlands were once much taller than now, but centuries of erosion have worn them down. Now they are barely more than hills, with the highest peaks reaching just over 3000 feet.

The area is pretty rich with mineral deposits. Iron is abundant, and there are also others as well. This has lead to the area being a relatively rich area, with several mining towns and some smaller cities.

I have the highlands done, and much of the woodlands are complete. Now I will work on settlements and roadways.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Iraldian Peninsula.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	2.27 MB 
ID:	12019  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Looks good, nice colors, rivers are good. Before anyone comes along and says that your trees are huge I'll say it. BUT I'm also fine with it. I much prefer representational trees to give some sort of flavor rather than pure accurately done trees that, at this scale, would just be big green amorphous blobs. So keep em just like they are and keep up the nice map.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I think it looks really good so far, looking forward to more.

You do have some smaller tributaries that just don't quite reach the rivers they feed, not as big deal just wanted to point it out.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I think that I am going to go back and redo this map. I am not too happy with the scale. The area that is covered by the map is only about 200 miles across, but the map (at least to my eyes) looks like a larger area than that. Also, the mountains are rockier than I am wanting. They should be more like the Appalachian Mountains than the Rocky Mountains.