61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, give me fire and blood!

57 93.44%
  • No, I'm a peacenik!

4 6.56%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Create a War Map

Post Create a War Map

How about, create a war map. This could be a map of Stalingrad, Berlin or any large city in WW2 or otherwise, create a region of the CWBP showing troop movements, unit encampments, HQ sites, forward operations. This could be a bombadier's map showing bombing targets in an industrial region or port. Perhaps Napoleonic war, with formed units ready to face off in a battlefield. Lots of ways to go on this - though pretty much a city or regional map works best.

Thoughts?

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Yippee! Blood and Mayhem for ALL!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Y E S.

I'm down.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I'm all in for this. When not watching sports or History Channel I'm watching the Military Channel (mainly for the maps). Gotta find me some clip art of army men to use as silhouettes.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

This sounds very interesting...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Member

Give me the blood...

For war does not determine who is right, but who is left and whoever is left holds the power.

Post For December Print Challenge...

Come on guys! This Challenge Idea would be great for a printed map contest, which is what the December Challenge is all about - we just don't have a subject to the contest yet.

A War Map would be great printed in large format, don't you think?

If you agree, and haven't voted on this poll yet, please vote - we've only got hours to decide!

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 12-01-2008 at 11:36 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

would it have to be of a historical war?

could it be a fantasy war ???
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master -- that's all."

-Lewis Carrol: Through the Looking Glass

Post Of course!

Of course you could do a fantasy war map. The whole idea is to create a map becomes obvious to a viewer that it depicts an active war or battle scene. It could be a plan of attack/defense by a commander, it could be a historic reflection on a past battle. It is not just a map of a location, it is a location at war.

1. Sieged castle or town with defined artillery and supply lines
    2. Defense of the Dwarven Stronghold against the Drow down below.
    3. The Battle of Britain, or Gettysburg or Thermopolae, or the Alamo
    4. The Scouring of the Shire (Last chapter in the Return of the King, Tolkien).
    5. Whatever you are gaming with at the moment, use it, and create a war map...

Using map objects or defined areas to show where battle lines are drawn up, encampments, units afield, supply and communication lines, fortifications, defenses, mine fields, artillery lines.

Let your imagination run as to what genre, military technology, or place in time, if a real battle site - just make it a map at war.

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 12-01-2008 at 10:05 PM.
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast