Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pyramid of Shadows [Another Take]

It doesn't have pleasant soft edges such as can be done in Photoshop. And since the physical minis won't interact with MapTool's topology, there's really not much need for it.

On the other hand, I find it useful to be able to see the unobscured map on the PC monitor, where the displayed map has all the interface hidden.

edit: And I remain the Page Break King. The antecedant of "it" is MapTool's fog of war, for those who don't feel like clicking back to the previous page.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

That's exactly right. Maptool cuts away fog-of-war with sharp precise edges. Photoshop can do a smoother, more natural erase.

It's purely aesthetic.

NymTevlyn

Seems like a really silly thing to not use it over. *shrugs*

Blog Entries

Yeah, cool maps there Ashrem... Bonk

Quote Originally Posted by NymTevlyn View Post
    Seems like a really silly thing to not use it over. *shrugs*
    But if I'm not using tokens, why would I want to use it at all?

If just need to project the map, Photoshop is fine. Heck, the last map I used I didn't even use fog so I just used the basic windows image viewer.

Blog Entries

Because I'm interested as I write an app with a projector mode, do you find that its difficult to get the scale right for miniatures with a normal image viewer or Photoshop after its been projected. Do you just measure it on the table and resample by a factor to fix up ?

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Because I'm interested as I write an app with a projector mode, do you find that its difficult to get the scale right for miniatures with a normal image viewer or Photoshop after its been projected. Do you just measure it on the table and resample by a factor to fix up ?
    Nothing as complicated as all that. I project it onto the table and zoom in or out until a square is the size of a miniature base.

Level 3.

Of note, I removed one of the rooms? Why? The room was dumb, the encounter was dumb, and it served no real purpose at all except to prolong the adventure.

Which in my opinion, is overly long as it is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pyramid Of Shadows - Level 3.jpg 
Views:	1038 
Size:	2.89 MB 
ID:	12787  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

That voodoo room thing is amazing. Excellent stuff there.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Awesome stuff man!

I'm running tabletop Thunderspire right now and i'm gonna finish it with printed maps, but you guys have inspired me to get a projector for Pyramid.

So, any advice on what KIND of projector i should get? Anyway i can swing a good one for $300?

Nebulous

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast