Thread: Natooga - Isle of peril

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Natooga - Isle of peril

I was on winter vacation for a week skiing every day and now I’m back within four walls and started working on a new map.
    As usual I have started by creating the first versions of textures I will use and forming the island shapes. Each texture is constructed from various overlaying textures with some handmade elements. I’m sure the textures will change on the way before this map is finished and therefore I have kept all the work versions that have the adjustment layers and layer effects etc.

The scale of this map is small 1px=10meters making the map 20km x 15km only and it will be a small, barren mountainous island nearby a large continent (which will not be included here). The island has relatively hostile environment with sharp rocks and cliff formations partially covered with bushes. There is only limited amount of fertile soil reducing the areas for forests, but as the air is very humid the forest will be dense where possible.
    This first version doesn't have too much in it yet as the textures have taken most of the time so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP-1.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	12109