Thread: Town project

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Town project

I decided to start a new thread on my sub-project regarding the Clan Imbe Grounds -map. I did some models for the city with vue, but as it has pretty limited modelling capabilities, I decided to use a more suitable program for the building creation task. I'll be posting town layout here later on, but here's a quick render of a building model (quite limited textures at this point) I've managed to put together. Previous version can be found from the main project's thread in regional mapping section. EDIT: Btw, the thing in the middle of the wall isn't a door.. maybe I should make that more obvious .. and there is no "terrace" going around the house, atleast not just yet. More to follow!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kaka2.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	12114  
    Last edited by Jykke; 04-07-2009 at 12:16 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Looks pretty good already - what program did you use?
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

It was done with trial version of 3d max studio. BTW, there is a good site for students from autodesk (http://students.autodesk.com/), where you can get free student versions of autodesk software. There seemed to be a tool for nearly every modelling task you could think of.

And it's a bit more neat looking than my previous test with vue 7:

Name:	hokkeli.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	211.4 KB 
ID:	12115  

Did you try Sketchup as well?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

I have tried Sketchup before, but it somehow felt a bit akward to use But I know some people have had quite good results with it. The main reason for not using sketchup is that I have to be able to integrate these models to a landscape scene. Not sure if it would be possible to use sketchup models for that purpose.

New version.

Name:	jhouse1.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	12145  

Guild Member Facebook Connected Thorf's Avatar

Great! It's starting to look really nice.

You know, I'm not sure about the railing... I don't think they normally have them. I can see how it might look a bit weird without it, though. Hmm...