Thread: Cold War Mapping (Titan I Missile Base)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Journeyer

Post Cold War Mapping (Titan I Missile Base)

Growing up a child of the 80s I knew what MAD meant before I knew what STD meant. So, I have always been a bit fascinated by the Cold War era. Once I wrap up my current D&D4e campaign (probably sometime late fall to mid winter) I’m considering running a post-WWIII campaign, and part of that process is getting some location maps. The campaign I’m hoping to run is something of an alternate history, what-if the cold war didn’t end type thing, so one of the locations I’ll absolutely need is one or more missile bases. The old Titan I missile bases are the largest and seem to offer the most exploration opportunity for the players.

The following pictures are from declassified government documents and thus are not copyrighted. However, I did locate them at siloworld.com so, I’ll give the webmaster there a big shout out.

If I can find the time I’d like to put together a gaming suitable set of maps for a Titan I missile base, but if not, the diagrams are pretty good, so I thought I’d share them with you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ControlCenterColor.jpg 
Views:	586 
Size:	173.5 KB 
ID:	12120   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ControlCenterWriteUp.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	12121   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EquipmentTerminal.jpg 
Views:	550 
Size:	125.8 KB 
ID:	12122   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EquipmentTerminalWriteUp.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	12123   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TITAN1PencilDrawing.jpg 
Views:	1025 
Size:	136.9 KB 
ID:	12124  

“Maps encourage boldness. They're like cryptic love letters. They make anything seem possible.”
    -Mark Jenkins