Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I.C.E. Crypt O'Death

Post I.C.E. Crypt O'Death

Here's the start to my crypt o' death, I'm going to fill it with more traps than a trappy thing....that's the idea anyway!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	090408.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	679.5 KB 
ID:	12139  

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Fantastic! Glad to see you chipping in on this one.

Post Hey, Ravs too!

Welcome aboard! Let's give them I.C.E. people a real taste of the Guild!

Glad you're getting into the contest, Ravs! Hurray!

Your Trappy Thing, of course, reminds of an old D&D mission almost 20 years ago. Our stellar thief was about half-way down the heavily trapped stairs carefully identifying and unsetting the traps as he went down - a half hour in real time with multiple rolls for every step.

Our half-orc fighter (and most disruptive member of the party) was getting really impatient. He yelled out, "Grab one of them Drow we just killed." He cut off its head. Carried it over to the top of stairs and like a bowler roll the head down so it would hit every step going down.

It killed the thief, but all the traps were undone, and our fighter just chuckled going down the stair. He knew the cleric in the party had a Ressurrection scroll on him.

He doesn't play with us anymore.

Ravs, glad you're giving it a go!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Cheers guys, GP that's a brilliant story! There are already some fantastic entries in the comp, so I think I'll probably be making up the numbers on this one, but it's great for some old fashioned fun!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Go Ravs! Glad to see you jumping in.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Major change of plan - the scale of the map (1 inch : 3 feet) means that to get it to fit on a reasonable size of paper, there's not an awful lot of square footage. I've ditched the dungeon o' death and gone for a Cthullu type jobbie. Anyway, here it is, C&Cs appreciated as always.

Name:	render 090411.png 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	12291  

Wow, that is quite a change. And may I say: WOW, you guys are getting good at this stuff. I am really impressed by your latest work. I like the black & white feel, although I would also like to see a version where the tomb itself is colored. I really like the layout of the tomb and the textures and props you used.

Some text suggestions:

First paragraph:
    - the first sentence is too long. You should probably break it up.
    - "none" should be "noone" I think.

Second paragraph:
    - "demenour" should be "demeanour" I think.

Third paragraph:
    - end the first sentence after "hunting accident"

Sorry, but sometimes the editor in me breaks loose...
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nice work Ravs!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks guys, have to say, I don't like mapping at this scale at all. It's really dependent on getting nice objects to scatter about and as you can't borrow other people's for this comp, I find making them a pain - even really simple ones.

Ganwarf thanks for the edits and suggestion re the colour. I've put in a splash of colour to draw attention to the pentangle - too much?

Name:	rendera 090411.png 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	12293  

I think this is looking pretty cool, too, and I like the B&W a lot. The stairs seem a bit large in proportion to the rest of the parts, but perhaps they're supposed to be!

And if we're breaking out editors, "none" is fine, but "Noone" is only good if you're perhaps referring to the Peter version. "No one" would also work.
    -÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷
    “It is not down in any map; true places never are.” (Herman Melville)

“A good map is both a useful tool and a magic carpet to far away places." (unknown)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast