Maybe this is my computer, not the program. But I'm finding the FT Pro tools to be rather unpredictable. Here's my issue:

I found a mysterious series of small spots of very high temperature right in the middle of a section of tundra. I suspect they exist right across that latitude, but I haven't checked yet. So I wanted to manually "paint" more appropriate temperatures for those spots.

I chose the Paint Lower>temperature tool and dialed in an appropriate brush size and value. Instead of lowering the temperature of the area, it raised it. Stumped, I changed it to "raise" and tried again. It raised the temperature even more.

I got really mad and closed out FT, reopened it, and tried the tools again. They worked normally for a bit, then reverted back to raising the temperature no matter what I did. Another restart, and a similar thing happened but sometimes the tool would just do nothing as opposed to raising or lowering the temperature.

Now I've got a crazy boggled section of mountainous region with spots of really low temp and spots of outrageously high temp because of the tools acting funny and making the problem worse. I can't revert back to an older save because I have no idea when the spots arrived, they may have been part of the very first draft of the world.

Has anyone else seen this?

To fix it, I'd really prefer to select a region and then manually dial in a particular temperature to fill the region. That's all I want. Can't it be done?