Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *** April 09 Challenge [Sponsored] - A habitation for the CWBP ***

I never really looked at the CWBP before now. There is some very cool stuff.

Importantly: props to RedRobes for having an awesome link in his signature:
    http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/Temp/CG/In...CWBP_Index.htm

(navigating without it was a nightmare, haha)
    Adam Watts

Question

This might be a dump question but... by habitation you mean cities, castles etc. right? Or could be a larger part of that regional map, lets say I'll take a regional map with a lake and map that lake and its surroundings?
    My Map Challenge Entries

I use GIMP for all my maps.

GIMP scripts and plug-ins overview

Everything I post on this site uses the Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Only exception to this are any pyhton scripts which use the GPL.

If you are using any of my posted stuff just use your rep stick on me

Should you be interested in using anything I posted on commercial purpose drop me a pm.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by overwatch View Post
    Importantly: props to RedRobes for having an awesome link in his signature... etc
    Cheers, I maintain about 3 indexes and the members map. One is of all the members intro posts which usually contain a little about themselves so I can go back and think - so who the hell was this guy again... aha that guy ! There is the CWBP one and I also do the over view map which I ought to inline here again cos its useful I think for this challenge. Then there is the index by keyword which was really useful but has since been overtaken by the tagging on the site but its still there anyways. And I hope you have yourself on the members map... thats just for fun and when theres some convention or other real world event that links people up if they feel like it. I'll go and get the CWBP overview map now - its prob a little out of date so mail back if you think so.

Click for larger version...

Ohh 300 rep ! Do I get an extra +1 ???? Cool !

More edits: I have just updated all the indexes and realized that I also do the finished maps index too. In the same vein I also do the thumbnails for the challenges too so you will see my earlier post fill up with the entrants as well. The link to the thumbs is via the sticky thread at top of challenge topic.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 04-09-2009 at 07:23 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Hey Red...would it be possible to do that map up as a web image map thingy? Each section then takes ya to the finished regional map...that way I can look at each map easily and find undone towns. It would be even cooler if each regional map was an image map where the finished towns had links.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Hey Red...would it be possible to do that map up as a web image map thingy? Each section then takes ya to the finished regional map...that way I can look at each map easily and find undone towns. It would be even cooler if each regional map was an image map where the finished towns had links.
    That's actually on my to-do list, I just haven't made it that far down. Guess I'll have to re-prioritize now that it's needed my more people than just me.

-IG

Post Would love to participate, but...

I would love to participate with this one, but no time.

I haven't even got to work much on my Kaidan adventure arc and setting. I am working on 3 maps for Dementia 5. I am wrapping (trying) on Profantasy's Modern Map object set - got about 100 left to make. And I just got 3 maps for I.C.E. on commission.

Really all I want to do is spend time of Kaidan, and I can barely get to it.

Besides if I participated in the challenge, I'd be cheating and do something in Region 2... oh well

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm so totally passing on this one, especially considering there were many much more interesting suggestions in the challenge suggestions thread.

Guild Novice

Post finding a location

Hi

I am new to the board and returning to mapmaking after 20+ years

I have an idea for a wetlands/marsh small town but I don't know where to place it? does it have to be an existing habitation or make it up and plonk it in a likely place? Can someone point me in the right direction?

I am thinking marsh or wetland area, maybe a delta or on a navigable river. Marshland can provide good defence and economic viability (fish, agriculture etc) I am envisioning maybe a waypoint or trading station with inns, boat building, provisioning etc.

Any pointers welcome!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ajwa68 View Post
    Hi

I am new to the board and returning to mapmaking after 20+ years

I have an idea for a wetlands/marsh small town but I don't know where to place it? does it have to be an existing habitation or make it up and plonk it in a likely place? Can someone point me in the right direction?

I am thinking marsh or wetland area, maybe a delta or on a navigable river. Marshland can provide good defence and economic viability (fish, agriculture etc) I am envisioning maybe a waypoint or trading station with inns, boat building, provisioning etc.

Any pointers welcome!

Cheers
    I think it needs to be an existing point already on one of the maps. Sounds like if you'll read up on the Thrubmorton Fens you might find something to your tastes...

-IG

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast