Hi all!

I stumbled over the forum a few days ago, and it is really an inspiring experience to browse through the posts and study all the efforts of the members of the community. It is apparent (from the posts I have seen so far) that the general interest is in fantasy maps, so I thought I would add a bit of ordinary "Ordnance Survey" style mapping. The Shires of Somery is a country that has been with me for more than a decade, but in 2001 I found an online roleplaying game called Vexillium that raised it from occasional pondering to a more thought through concept. The language spoken in the country is a sort of archaic English, or more specifically, the way English may have been spoken if William the Conqueror had not got out of bed that fateful day in the year 1066, and had not had his French-speaking nobility take over Anglo-Saxon England. That also means that some place names have an apparent Celtic origin, although most of them are Anglo-Saxon, or Somerish as the people of the Shires would call it.
Well, enough rambling for now. Here is a general map of the country. Comments are welcome.

Somery