Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: April Entry: [Region 1][Map 06][City 02] - Harbour Keep

I hate to point this out now, but Harbour Keep is on the Akron map also (as it fit inside that square) and the interpretation is a little different. On that map, it's located on a peninsula that juts out in to the channel linking in inland bay with the open sea. That's contradictory to the Thanelands map interpretation of a land bridge cutting a lake off from the sea. It's a really good map though.
    Last edited by Valarian; 04-18-2009 at 06:22 AM.
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Perhaps this map was done by a Sherldon cartographer?

Personally, I think the different interpretations from two separate regions is classic stuff, and something that should be dutifully exploited in the wiki as to why one region would want to map an open bay, and another a landlocked lake.

My .02 is all...

-IG

Bother...

Not sure what I'm going to do now. If i have time to do any more work on the map i will try and find a different location on a map that fits. Will see what happens

Korba

Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica View Post
    Perhaps this map was done by a Sherldon cartographer?

Personally, I think the different interpretations from two separate regions is classic stuff, and something that should be dutifully exploited in the wiki as to why one region would want to map an open bay, and another a landlocked lake.

My .02 is all...

-IG
    You know, Industrygothica has hit it on the head in my opinion. I always felt the CGWP was better played not to have a 'uniform' world equivalent to earth and all it's modern mapping, but more like Earth maps during the age of Discovery. A savy traveller knew there would difference between one cartographer's map and those of another
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by Korba View Post
    Bother...

Not sure what I'm going to do now. If i have time to do any more work on the map i will try and find a different location on a map that fits. Will see what happens

Korba
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    You know, Industrygothica has hit it on the head in my opinion. I always felt the CGWP was better played not to have a 'uniform' world equivalent to earth and all it's modern mapping, but more like Earth maps during the age of Discovery. A savy traveller knew there would difference between one cartographer's map and those of another
    And in that regard, Korba, I beg of you to please finish this map as you see fit! Goodness, this could be but just the beginning of a fantastic underlying story; it'd be a shame to let such an intriguing plot twist go to waste!

-IG

Quote Originally Posted by Akron City Council Decree
    The City Council have discovered a foul plot of the Thane of Sherldon, obviously hatched in order to halt our fine city's trade altogether. A map of the Bay of Akron distributed by cartographers of Sherldon show a land bridge closing the straits. These false maps would, of course, never bear up when viewing the reality of the straits. However, the City Council of Akron recognises that they may bear a threat to the city livelihood. Therefore, the Council decrees that these false maps shall be destroyed. Any person knowingly distributing the maps of Sherldon shall be fined 3 crowns.
    I agree, please proceed with mapping the city. The start was too good to miss. The difference between the regional maps for the world could be interesting. I agree with IG, it's too good a plot device to pass up.

On the map, I must admit to liking the map on post #7 more than the later post #9.
    The lighter shading and clearer colours stand out better for me.
    Last edited by Valarian; 04-28-2009 at 09:55 AM.
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Thank you for your support to continue.

I have started again on the land and sea texture thanks (again!) to one of Ascensions tutorials (even deeper in rep debt).

I'm quite pleased with it as a base layer now and will try building up. Valarian, i agree with you but i forgot how i made the hills like that, i will try that tomorrow night hopefully to recreate.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Town.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	269.8 KB 
ID:	12837

Quote Originally Posted by Korba View Post
    Thank you for your support to continue.

I have started again on the land and sea texture thanks (again!) to one of Ascensions tutorials (even deeper in rep debt).

I'm quite pleased with it as a base layer now and will try building up. Valarian, i agree with you but i forgot how i made the hills like that, i will try that tomorrow night hopefully to recreate.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Town.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	269.8 KB 
ID:	12837
    Looks good so far, but your buildings are looking a bit blurry and you've got some tiling going on with the sea layer.

-IG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12