Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: April Entry: [Region 1][Map 02] - Where Hill Giants Roam

Post April Entry: [Region 1][Map 02] - Where Hill Giants Roam

This is a placeholder currently, but yea I discovered that Map 2 hadn't been done and I asked ravells and he said I could do it for my entry so yea....

I couldn't think of a good name so I just went with the first thing that came to my head
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master -- that's all."

-Lewis Carrol: Through the Looking Glass

Blog Entries

Ok thats it I am voting for you... ok not necessarily - but by god Tile #2 is well overdue... pay no attention to anyone who says they have a half completed version of it ! Well done.

Ah sorry Bryguy....you can't do the whole map for the entry....just a habitation on the map, like a town or a city - but you can do the whole map for the CWBP for which we will be very appreciative!

So can I recommend you start with a habitation as your entry in this region and you can build up your regional map when you're done?

That is a fabulous idea, Ravs.. way to lure 'em in.

-IG

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Ah sorry Bryguy....you can't do the whole map for the entry....just a habitation on the map, like a town or a city - but you can do the whole map for the CWBP for which we will be very appreciative!

So can I recommend you start with a habitation as your entry in this region and you can build up your regional map when you're done?
    Ah okay Ill do that then

Would you mind then changing the title to [Region 1][Map 2][Something I forget here] - Where Hill Giants Roam?

Haha, for some reason I really want it to be Where Hill Giants Roam. Ill have to figure out where in Map 2 Im going to have it though, probably along one of the edges

Note: I have no clue what goes in the Something I forget here xD

I think its probably Location, as Im not exactly doing a city or anything, but I don't know what Location # it is
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

Quote Originally Posted by bryguy View Post
    Ah okay Ill do that then

Would you mind then changing the title to [Region 1][Map 2][Something I forget here] - Where Hill Giants Roam?

Haha, for some reason I really want it to be Where Hill Giants Roam. Ill have to figure out where in Map 2 Im going to have it though, probably along one of the edges

Note: I have no clue what goes in the Something I forget here xD

I think its probably Location, as Im not exactly doing a city or anything, but I don't know what Location # it is
    Since there are no other locations in this area, it should be [Region 1][Map2][Location 1] - Where Hill Giants Roam.

And if you plan on taking on the entirety of Map 2 (even if it's not for the contest), you can still go ahead and give the area a name. That will actually help with the project that I am working on as well...

-IG

Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica View Post
    Since there are no other locations in this area, it should be [Region 1][Map2][Location 1] - Where Hill Giants Roam.

And if you plan on taking on the entirety of Map 2 (even if it's not for the contest), you can still go ahead and give the area a name. That will actually help with the project that I am working on as well...

-IG
    Okay, thanks

Yea, I guess I am planning on doing Map 2. But do you mean for me to name this location, or the area of Map 2?

Post Map 2

I think he means to name the region of Map 2, but name the region and the habitat location and you've got it covered!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by bryguy View Post
    Okay, thanks

Yea, I guess I am planning on doing Map 2. But do you mean for me to name this location, or the area of Map 2?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    I think he means to name the region of Map 2, but name the region and the habitat location and you've got it covered!

GP
    What GP said. Just name them both and you're good.

Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica View Post
    What GP said. Just name them both and you're good.
    Okay

Heh, Ill have to think of a good name for Map 2 first I guess... Geico? Aflack? Allstate? Haha I better think more xD

Tumonsterra?? Nah to long... Haha I keep trying to combine Tumulosus, Monstrum, and Terra (Latin words for Hilly, Monster, and Land/Earth xD)

How about Alenys and Isim? Haha I was lazy and used a random name generator

Edit: Btw, is there any way I could get a height map for Map 2? That way I can make a quick map for Map 2, and then choose a location on it for this entry.
    Last edited by bryguy; 04-10-2009 at 03:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast