Map (Click to enlarge)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ValciaMap.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	109566

Created in: Illustrator/Photoshop

Review

This is the most recent and obvious Guild blockbuster with one of the most beautiful colour palletes we have seen for a long time. Auth, who crafted the map says that he came to the final product through constructive criticism from the Guild ... so I'd like to think that it's 'our map'...heh

Such works of beauty as this are rare, and the plaudits about this map have been ringing ever since it was first posted.

Auth, besides being an author is truly a mapper of great skill as this map shows. Points in particular are the individual look he has taken to the mountains and (dare I mention it again) the colour scheme.

Auth says:
    The original version took me 15 days to create in Illustrator and Photoshop, working everyday anywhere from 4-10 hours/day. The entire map was originally sketched out with pencil & paper and scanned onto my PC some time ago, but it wasn't until recently that I decided to go all out with it.

I had tried to make a decent depiction of Valcia before by purchasing and using Fractal Mapper 8.0, but was displeased with the results (most likely due to my own inexperience with the program itself). I since decided that if I wanted this done right, I wasn't going to be able to take any shortcuts and needed to do it myself - by 'hand'.
    Original thread
    Click here to view the original thread.