Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: April 2009 Entry: [Region 1][Map 11][Town ?] City of Edram

Quote Originally Posted by Baziron View Post
    You might just be right about that. Sorry I've been such a dissappointment, both in terms of personal involvement and mapping ability.

And yet, I like to see that something from there gets chosen, and it's looking so good this far.
    So maybe I'll find the motivation to go ahead with the overall, not close up, map, so it can actually be worked into the cwbp proper.
    That'd be a wonderful thing to see.

-IG

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Coming along nicely Oh Ascendant One, almost looks like a CC3 map.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

SG - Yeah I was trying to put more of a hand-drawn style to this. It's pretty much my usual stuff but I brightened up the colors and added a stroke. My hand is far too shaky to draw straight lines and my tablet has hair trigger sensitivity that I have yet to tweak (my lines wiggle just because my heartbeat causes that slight pulse twitch and the tablet picks it up and magnifies it). I'll turn it down one of these days.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Tonight's work: got the nobles in and the row houses, which took most of the time as I went thru about 5 different processes then came back to the second one. Sitting here waiting for it to upload I just remembered that I forgot the shadows for the nobles houses.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edram.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	4.64 MB 
ID:	12394  
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Seeing all those row houses makes my shoulder twitch. That's what got me on my Shadizaar map.

Coming along nicely...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

These were pretty easy actually, I just filled in the shapes between the streets then used various erasers to cut in the streets then styled the whole blob. I should probably lighten them some.

There is something about those radial streets that makes that entire section go all 3D-ish! My eyeballs want to see it sticking up off the page at an angle...
    -÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷
    “It is not down in any map; true places never are.” (Herman Melville)

“A good map is both a useful tool and a magic carpet to far away places." (unknown)

Looks like I'm about halfway done. I'd like to add in some more row house type buildings but with some space for yards and a different look then finish up the unique buildings, then go back and chop out sections of the housing to put other unique buildings into in order to break up the blockiness. I've added lots of stuff in the past 2 nights: warehouses, temple, shipyard, markets, finished the major entertainments, and tweaks here and there where I forgot things.

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	111 
Size:	3.33 MB 
ID:	12487  

Trying to get this thing done before my PC craps out...mouse and keyboard keep cutting out randomly and the fan knocks more than my neighbor's truck. Might be forced into buying a new one before this gets done so I might be out of commission for a few days while I port things over and try to make sure that they work with the Vista nightmare. If I were a techy guy I could take it apart and put new stuff in but since I'm not -- I won't. At any rate, if I'm not around you know where I am and if I am around then things are still working for now.

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	70 
Size:	3.37 MB 
ID:	12577  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast