Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: April 2009 Entry: [Region 1][Map 11][Town ?] City of Edram

Looking very good Ascension. Really like all the different buildings. This is going to be a map that you can look at for a while and still discover new stuff!

Oh, and I was wary of Vista as well. But I am running it on two computers now and although it's a bit slow, I haven't found any other problems with it. I think it's quite nice and I have been using XP forever. I came to Vista late however (so Microsoft was able to patch it up) and with new hardware.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

This keeps getting better. Though sometimes when I look at it for to long I feel like I'm going to fall into a hole or something.

When I bought my new PC last year it came with Vista Home Basic. Haven't had any problems with running things so far, but I haven't tried any programs that are very old. It is rather slow and clunky coming out of sleep mode though (kinda like me in the morning)
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Well that's good news...I don't mind a bit of slowness (it takes my Firefox six minutes to quit spinning my hard drive...10 if I load it up right after shutting down PS). And thanks, guys
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Woohoo! New pc (Gateway FX6800 with Vista 64 Home Premium, quad core i7-920 2.66 Ghz processor, 3 gig DDR3, ATI Radeon 4850 512Mb video card, and a really big ole 750 gig hard drive that beats my old 35 gigs) and got my cable modem working with Firefox too...now I just gotta get all of that stuff ported over and installed. But wheee....
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

Haha, congrats Ascension.
    I bought a new PC a few weeks ago and a 1000gb harddrive sure beats the 40gb harddrive I used to have on my other desktop (I upgraded the hell out of it, but never got around to the harddrive)
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Right on, Ascension, congratz! Can't wait to see what you can do with the latest souped-up model!
    Doubt is an unpleasant condition, but certainty is absurd. -Voltaire

Finished the main city, need to redo the peasant area outside of the walls and put some more buildings in to break up the monotony of city residences. Mainly I'm just checking to make sure that everything is working okay.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edram.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	3.42 MB 
ID:	12610  

Finally forced myself to do some more work on this, setting up the new pc is time consuming but I'm nearing the end there. Nearing the end on this map as well but I'm not too stoked about the fields...might replace them with a forest.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edram.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	3.94 MB 
ID:	12694  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I think the problem with the fields is that they are kind of 'soft and fuzzy' where everything else is very 'crisp and clear'.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast