Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In the lands of the dead

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post In the lands of the dead

I needed a modest graveyard map for my up coming game, so I whipped this together. While I consider it done, any comments would still be appreciated. Thanks!

One hundred years ago a terrible storm struck the island city. In it's wake, the once exalted cemetery was left in ruins and permanently flooded. Today, deranged ferrymen can be found in it's fog-choked shallow waters, taking visitors to the locations of the dead perhaps only they still know...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cemetary.jpg 
Views:	661 
Size:	294.9 KB 
ID:	12243  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Great work Redstar! *bonk*
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Good map. I'd rep ya, but apparently I have already repped you recently
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

That's a pretty sparse graveyard. I expected to see more tombstones but that's what I get for living close to a couple graveyards. With that said, very nice map. It oozes with atmosphere. Good job.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Looks beautifully creepy... I love the idea of a flooded graveyard. Kind of like the Dead Marshes in Middle Earth.

The only suggestion I can give this map is this: If it was an "exalted cemetary" I would like to see more than just simple grave markers. Statues, crypts, cenotaphs, and mausoleums would be super cool, even if they might only be slightly visible above the water.
    Joshua
    Graphic Designer
    & Amateur Photoshop Cartographer

Guild Journeyer

Quote Originally Posted by Turgenev View Post
    That's a pretty sparse graveyard. I expected to see more tombstones but that's what I get for living close to a couple graveyards. With that said, very nice map. It oozes with atmosphere. Good job.
    I think this was probably his intention and I think it works out extremely well personally. This will fit right into one of my games.

Thanks everyone! As a general comment, this map is just a piece of a much larger cemetery. I just wanted to give the players a feel for the water-soaked creepiness they are heading into.

@Joshua_101 - That's not a bad idea. I'll see about adding a few larger tombs partly under the water. I did want to give some a feel that this place has been left to be consumed by the forces of nature.

@Aegeri - Please use away! Let me know if you players like it

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redstar View Post
    @Aegeri - Please use away! Let me know if you players like it
    Well, in that case; I'm sure I'll want/need in a nice graveyard encounter in my upcoming D&D campaign. Your map captures the creepy atmos perfectly
    Repped, of course.

I ran a graveyard encounter for my D&D group using this map, with random patches of soggy ground causing players to sink and get stuck.. they loved it! Very good job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast