Thread: April Entry: [Region 1][Map 11][Town ??] Warder Keep

Info April Entry: [Region 1][Map 11][Town ??] Warder Keep

A placeholder for my planned entry. I suppose with all those settlements I put in to the Akron map, I should contribute to the building of some of them

Warder Keep is a client settlement of the City State of Karthis. It is home to the mercenary group of Artor Cambori, the Warders. The shields of the Warders carry the sigil of a bronze Griffon on a green background. Eighteen steel studs decorate the shield, representing the eighteen original members of the mercenary group. Not all of them still live, but their legacy lives on.

No contract with the Warders will be broken, but the Warders will do no harm to innocents. Wield the Warders improperly and you may find that the you are on the wrong side of their swords. Courage, honesty, faith are all virtues that Artor has instilled in his men. From the start of the group, Artor has picked men who share his code of honour. The Warders take contracts to defend and to protect, sometimes at costly odds.
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Wip

First pass at the Warder Keep fortifications and settlement.
    I'll have to see if I can do anything about the river to make it blend in a bit better, and I think the cliffs could do with a little more definition. I'm also not quite happy about the fields.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Warder Keep.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	924.9 KB 
ID:	12519  
    Last edited by Valarian; 04-17-2009 at 06:24 AM.
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Coming along nicely
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Ah, more CC3 work
    Looking good so far! Really like the layout.

I agree that the transition from river to sea should be smoothened. And the cliffs and fields could also be improved.

Some other things you might want to work some more on:

- Bridge (the tower symbols don't really match the other style of symbols used)
    - Maybe add a few docks?
    - Maybe add some chimneys? That will add some differences between the roofs.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Map

Another version of the map with some improvements to the things mentioned above.
    This could be the final version. I'm a lot happier with this one. Unless I find something else in the viewing, that is. Or someone else mentions something.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Warder Keep.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	547.4 KB 
ID:	12557  

Yeah, this is a lot better. The only thing I am still not enthusiastic about are the fields.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Looks really good Ian! I'm assuming that the river is drawn on top of the landmass which is why you've got a straight edge on the river mouth. An alternative might be to break up the landmass into 3 seperate parts so that the sea texture shows through (if you're shooting for that look). The trees are very bright and saturated in comparison to the other colours used. I really like the general composition though.