Thread: [SF] The Hyperion Short Range Shuttle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post [SF] The Hyperion Short Range Shuttle

What can I say, I'm on a SF kick at the moment. Here is a short range shuttle I did.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hyperion-shuttle.jpg 
Views:	768 
Size:	428.4 KB 
ID:	12257

THE HYPERION SHORT RANGE SHUTTLE

Production Information
    Manufacturer: Dynastra Industries
    Class: Shuttle

Technical Specifications
    Length: 28.3 meters (93 ft)
    Hyperdrive System: None
    Crew: Pilots (4), Steward (1)
    Passengers: 18
    Cargo Capacity: 1 metric ton (storage space in the under carriage)
    Maximum Travel Duration: Two days

Usage
    Role(s): Short-range personnel shuttle, Courier
    Affiliation: Various civilian governments and corporations
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Another nice job Turgenev. I like the black & white feel to it, gives the blueprint a classic look.

I am not much of a sci-fi mapper or lover, so this is about everything I have to say
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    Another nice job Turgenev. I like the black & white feel to it, gives the blueprint a classic look.

I am not much of a sci-fi mapper or lover, so this is about everything I have to say
    Thanks Gandwarf. I have to admit that I have always been more a SF lover than fantasy. I got back into RPGs via the fantasy route (AD&D and some MERP) but I have always had a soft spot for SF. One of these days I will set up a SF RPG on H Beam Piper's Sword Worlds. I haven't given up on fantasy mapping but I would like to get some more SF maps under my belt.
    Cheers,
    Tim

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    I really love the greebles for the engines and whatnots...you should post this on the TravellerT20 website, they will love you for it!!
    Thanks Ravi. I built the engines and the various tech from the ground up one piece at a time.That's usually what takes me the longest doing this plans. When things are flowing, I can spend hours just adding details to the ship. I am collecting these ship plans on my cartography site under the heading of Sci-Fi/Spaceships.

Back to work on my latest ship.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Guild Novice

I was just checking out your smuggler ship deck plans, and now I find this, too! Very inspiring stuff! This makes me want to go peruse the pages of my old Terrain Trade Authority spacecraft books and start a sci-fi campaign!

Thanks for the comments, giantacroyear. My current project is the Boreas Gunship that can be found here:

http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=5140

After that, I have the rough shape for perhaps a corvette class or a cruise ship. I haven't decided on the details yet. I also have a rough one-man starfighter in the works as well. I need to finish the Boreas Gunship before I move on to those other projects.
    Cheers,
    Tim