Thread: Facebook app "Castle Age" is addicting

Post Facebook app "Castle Age" is addicting

I am a sucker for resource type wargames..... way to much time spent... waiting for more energy so I can do more stuff...
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Yup, I know exactly what you mean - I find myself playing a bunch of those silly games on Facebook, but Castle Age is definitely one of the better ones
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Apprentice

I play League of Heroes, Dragon Wars, Metropolis, and My City on Facebook. Used to do others but I only have so much time in a day and tend to stick with the apps I can run scripts on or that only require my attention once every 24 hours.

I love good computer war games.... one of my all time favorite is Sword of Aragon (on the Amiga no less) circa 1989.. Got a version of it for the PC about 12 years ago....love that game... I might have to pull it back out and see if I can get it working under Vista or XP again..
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Fantasy Wars is pretty good (came out a year or 2 ago), had a lot of fun playing that.

Still a big fan of Fantasy General too.

I avoid a lot of the game apps on facebook because I know they will just tempt me and distract me from the work I should be doing. That and I'm not too keen on sharing my personal information and pictures with most of the apps on Facebook.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

I'm sure there are a lot of people who feel the same way you do Turgenev, and I don't blame you in the least.

I don't have anything on Facebook, information wise, that I'm concerned with, so I don't worry to much.

Guild Apprentice

I actually keep 3 facebook accounts, my gaming profile, my professional profile, and my personal profile which I use to connect with friends.

You will only find me on Linkedin
    Not even a span of horses can drag me to websites like Facebook or Hyves (= the more popular version of Facebook here in the Netherlands).
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...