Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A small tavern

One more update...

-IG
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tavern-map.png 
Views:	103 
Size:	429.5 KB 
ID:	12502  
    Last edited by industrygothica; 04-16-2009 at 10:38 AM.

Guild Apprentice

Another thing I'd add is an opening in the bar, so the bar tender and wenches can get out to the customers.
    I'm hacking my way into the cartographical realm with AutoRealm, AutoCAD, GIMP, and Google Sketchup as my tools!

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages
    because they know they can be impolite without
    having their skulls split, as a general thing."

Well, I guess that's going to have to be the final version. Somehow it seems that I accidentally merged all the layers and didn't notice it before I saved...

Exactly HOW I did something so incredibly stupid, I'll never know... but alas, it happened, so this is what we get.

At least it's done, for the most part...

-IG

Wow - I wouldn't want to be drunk around those flames!

I like the mood - Honestly I like your first one better. Minimalist but simply excludes all the small stuff. Once you start correcting things where do you start.

- Cupboards
    - Hearth
    - Place to wash dishes
    - Place to store beer\stock
    - Kitchen....

Sort of end up with doll house syndrome where one level of realism demands the next. Before you know it someone is saying that all the place mats shouldn't match and some should have monograms.

Sigurd
    Last edited by Sigurd; 04-16-2009 at 03:22 PM.

I really like the jaunty angle!!! And agreed with Sigurd, once you put in an element of detail you've got to detail the whole map to that level or it looks odd.

But a big barbarian's axe lodged in the bar (because the barkeep didn't get his drink to him early enough) would have been fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    Wow - I wouldn't want to be drunk around those flames!
    Haha! I was thinking the same thing! I like the improvements, though -- and clearly this is a tavern only for drinking ale. Just duck the tankard in the water barrel and give it a swish, and it's ready for the next customer! We don't need no stinkin' wheat muffins!
    -÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷
    “It is not down in any map; true places never are.” (Herman Melville)

“A good map is both a useful tool and a magic carpet to far away places." (unknown)

Funny, I didn't really think the flames were that big. Too bad I destroyed my layers, or I'd play with them a bit to make them better suited. Ahh well.

-IG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12