Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A small tavern

Post A small tavern

Might as well enter this one, since I haven't before.

This is a small tavern with one large dining area and a storeroom. I might make it somewhat of a kitchen as well, so I'll have to put a stove of some sort in there.

The table and chairs are objects from one of the VTT forums, Dundjinni I believe. They were much prettier when I got them; I grunged them up quite a bit. Same with the floor texture, as I'm going for an old and worn feel.

I suppose when this is all said and done I'll throw it in the CWBP somewhere. Probably in Callie's Thicket--it looks like a good place for halflings.

Anyway, c&c welcome and appreciated, as always.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tavern-map.png 
Views:	288 
Size:	673.4 KB 
ID:	12260  

Guild Journeyer

I like it simple and to the point. I could see you using some of the doors from those same sites but as it is it is great for a road side tavern.

It's looking great!

I suggest a latrine trough, out back, against the wall.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

That floor is awesome. The tables and chairs might be a bit too dark (I know I should shoot myself for saying that) but the wood there looks good also. Nice job.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

The floor is a pretty awesome texture, but if we're judging by the average width of a chair, the planks are... two feet wide? Must be some whoppin' trees in that neck of the woods! LOL Maybe make the other parts bigger so you can logically keep the scale of the neat-o floor? Or there's just a forest of giant trees right over... there.

I don't mind the light/dark choices at all. I think it looks good -- like an out-of-the-way, not-Las-Vegas ought to look. Nicely grunged, too!
    -÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷
    “It is not down in any map; true places never are.” (Herman Melville)

“A good map is both a useful tool and a magic carpet to far away places." (unknown)

Guild Journeyer

The tavern is for halflings so the tables are halfling size : )

Quote Originally Posted by Xyll View Post
    The tavern is for halflings so the tables are halfling size : )
    There is that...

Appreciate the comments. I'll work on it a bit more this weekend; hopefully I'll come up with something worth something.

-IG

Post Here's a small update.

I narrowed the floor planks as suggested, thanks for that. Also robbed the Dundjinni forums for some barrels and stuff.

I think it's probably pretty close to complete as far as the map itself goes, but since I've got time I might try to do something to make the entire piece pop a little.... though as for what, I haven't a clue.

C&C, please.

Thanks.

-IG
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tavern-map.png 
Views:	998 
Size:	554.4 KB 
ID:	12490  

I think it looks great now, but if you're looking to add stuff, how about a fireplace? Some work on the doors to be more sympathetic to the stle of the rest of the map? Scratches and graffiti carved into the tables! Sawdust on the floor! Windows!

I love the textures.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

You also need a cupboard to put all of the mugs in.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast