Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: April Entry: [Region 1][Map 12] [IronTown] Beastlands

Wip April Entry: [Region 1][Map 12] [IronTown] Beastlands

Hi, ill just post this right here to get a place in this months challenge. I want to map out the town of Irontown for the beastlands territory.

Hope everybody is good and having fun!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Look inside of me, and melted in blood, there's a black hearth waiting to draw peace.

Post Update

Hi again, i was working on this IRONTOWN IDEA, but sadly i have lots of things to do, so i couldn finish it today. But, here ill leave you with a unfinished, i know lots of deatils are missing, version of Irontown. The town center is missing and the west coast isnt finished yet. Also i need to filter up other details. Please comment!
    Feedback would be nice...

Hope everyone is well.
    Drahyden...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IRONTOWN.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	12268  
    Look inside of me, and melted in blood, there's a black hearth waiting to draw peace.

Interesting design, is there a reason why the town is circular? The scale of the piers seems a bit big compared to the buildings though to my eye. I like the forest texture.

The layout certainly gives it an air of structure and order, something that I never really envisioned in the Beastlands. I suppose it could work though, if it's done correctly, though I'm not sure I'd know what correct is.

I also like the hand drawn forest, but you've got a noticeable vertical seam running through it. I wonder what it would look like if you desaturated it a bit and let the land texture show through a bit more. It almost looks like everything but the buildings are drawn on a cave wall or something, really primal and archaic--something I'd imagine coming from the area.

Just my .02. Keep the change.

-IG

Wip Next Step

Hello my fellow cartographers.

Here i present you the next step on my april's entry to the challenge, though i am not finished yet. But nevertheless I have a few questions in regards to Irontown. I was looking for information about this particular town in the Wiki and it seems that there isnt eny. Therefore i took the liberty to put some elements in to my map, but i would like to be corrected if there is something i am wrong at. For instance, i don´t know if the Dwarves in the Limbeck Mines have ever in their lives seen or know what a train is; but i thought, well it is after all a mine so they might as well transport their goods by train to Iron town, or maybe by boat, seeming that they are next to a river. Please i would like to be accurate about this so corrections are always welcome as well as feedback.

Please Comment!!!

Hope everyone is ok and having fun.

See you soon

Drahyden,

Views:	77 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	12298  

I'm not sure if the culture is technologically advanced for trains (the beastlands is a wild place) but boats for sure. The dwarves in the Limbek mines look for iron and the red sediment of the iron comes down the river.

Post Almost Done

Hello again my fellow cartographers.

Here i give you the next advancement to my aprils entry. THe river now brings rdish sediment to the beaches of the nearby lands thus making them red, also it gets a purpleish tone, wich grants it its name. Also the train is gone, thanks alot ravells and in its place for visual purpuses i added a centaur traveling route.

The map was drawn to similirise stone or really dryed out leather, with lots of wrincles, also there are some details wich are due to the posessor of thje map, as as the blood stains and the count of, i dunno, ¿victims?.

I am really really near to finishing it, perhaps some details here and there, but it would mean a lot to me for feedback on this new thumbnail. so please comment and leave your suggestion.

Sorry for my horrible horrible english, hope everyone is well.

Drahyden

Views:	77 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	12317  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

All I can really suggest is turning down the brightness of the red roofs and orange on the river banks...darken them up some or possibly gray them up a bit. Your blood drops might look nice if they were a darker red too...more of a dried blood color.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I don't know. Something about the texture being visible in the water, end super imposing the roofs is off to me.

Don't know......
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Map IRONTOWN THumbnail

So i've been crazy busy with the university lately so i couldn't advance any of my cartography proyects, but here is my final thumbnail for the aprils entry. This is my version of what a map of IRONTOWN on the beastlands should look like. Painted somewhere in leather or in a cavern. Spilled with blood of the many who saw it for the last time in their lives.

Hope everyone is fine...

Drahyden

Views:	86 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	12640  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast