Thread: Antiquities Incorporated: Indiana Jones-style Pulp Adveture

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map Antiquities Incorporated: Indiana Jones-style Pulp Adveture

A group of friends I roleplay with online has recently got together to play a sort of Indiana Jones, Tomb Raider, The Mummy, and other Pulp Adventure fiction inspired RPG. We're using a modified version of a fan-made Fallout PnP handbook .pdf that I found online a while ago. I had been pretty interested in the topic of mapmaking, so the GM approached me about putting something together for the game.

I first made a map template using a 1930s world map from wikipedia so that I'd have the appropriate political divisions. I used an edge detect to get an outline, then copied the country outlines onto a parchment looking paper I made in GIMP. Next I threw on a sort of canvas looking effect, then used one of the pre-packaged 'coffee stain' effects that came with Gimp. I showed the thing to the GM and he loved it.

For every 'chapter' (session) of the game, I've been adding a little travel destination path inspiried from the Indiana Jones red-dotted line scene transitions. I was able to fine a guide online to early internation airline routes, and have been using that as a basis for the stops. I decided not to name every stop to cut down on the clutter, and instead have only been doing the beginning and end locations.

Anyway, here's the latest map we've used. This is the first practical map that I've made that has seen some use, and I feel I've done a pretty good job. Does anyone have any opinions or comments? I'd love to hear them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ai_LondontoMexico_map.png 
Views:	3868 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	12269