Thread: April Entry: [Region 1][Map 13][Town 05] Feral

Post April Entry: [Region 1][Map 13][Town 05] Feral

So, as a full-fledged member of the guild (apparently 50 posts), I feel half-way obligated to enter this challenge, both because of the new status, and to contribute to the Guild's CWP. Time is short, and no friend of mine (look at the time taken for my other town), but my hope is I am now armed with some values that I am reasonably satisfied with, which will lessen the time I require. I may not make the contest deadline, but I will finish the map. So, I will drink to optimism, and post an entry.

Scanning through maps in CWP thread, I had to stop on reaching Map 13, Groam. It seems a particular town was calling to me.

Name:  {Region 01][Map 13][Town 05] Feral.png
Views: 370
Size:  45.9 KB

Questions; @ Torq or anyone who knows.
    Population- Approximate size and racial distribution.
    What is meant by the Red Label (as opposed to the yellow)?
    Any notable features or other ideas related to this particular town.

I will try to tie up my other project and begin land-form while I await the answers (if any are forth-coming).
    Doubt is an unpleasant condition, but certainty is absurd. -Voltaire

Great to see someone picking up an area in doomed Groam. Congratulations on your 50 post status Feral. Approximate size is laregly up to you. The predominate ethnic grouping is human, but you can go wild with other groups too. The red labels were used to denote areas of Groam that have managed to resist by-and-large the effects of the plague. The yellow labels are areas that have been taken by the plague and contact has been lost with them.

Hope it helps.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Alright, I was afraid of posting because it reveals exactly how far behind I am, but bryguy's latest post-

"Oops haha I just realized that I have to get started on this project xD"

-yeah, that makes me feel a little better.

Not real happy with the rocky terrain, but that's the best results I've had with Pyrandon's method. Might lose the stretch in the bottom right, but I wanted the castle and walled portion of the city on a coastal cliff. The switchback road is 570' long, soo... 6% grade makes a 34' rise, and 10% is obviously 57', I'm thinking somewhere in between.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Feral 101@75%.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	3.17 MB 
ID:	12590

I know there's not a lot there to comment on, but toss 'em out if you've got an opinion.

Should have included a scale, sorry, each pixel is 2.5 feet, the roads depicted are 20' wide, the walls are currently 35' wide, hope that gives you an idea.
    Last edited by Feralspirit; 04-19-2009 at 11:02 AM.

Trees and cliffs look good!
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Sadly, this will be my last post in this thread, an unfinished map. I have enjoyed participating, but I don't have the skills (or whatever) yet that it takes to complete such a project in a timely manner. With the warmer weather demands on my time increase, and I was not even able to give this half the time I gave Stern's Bridge. (I could probably be given another month and still not finish.) As I proceeded, a little here, and a little there, I began to designate parts of the map I could give up to come up with an entry, first the bottom third, and then the docks and lower city. Anyway, below is posted what I did manage to come up with.

Name:	Feral@75%.PNG 
Views:	75 
Size:	3.85 MB 
ID:	12843

Name:	Feral Proper.png 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	12844

As you can see, much remains to be added, and there is already plenty now to be fixed. (Boy, those houses are really techni-color, aren't they?)

Again, it was fun. As I promised in the first post of this thread, I will see this map to completion, it just won't be for the competition. I am kind of saved, really, some excellent maps this month. Good luck all.
    Last edited by Feralspirit; 04-30-2009 at 12:59 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Looks pretty good! <--Hope you noticed that I used an exclamation point, I rarely do. Hope you move this over to a WIP thread and continue despite the Spring Fever (which seems to have snagged many of us).
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps