Thread: Crazy Cock - Tavern

Guild Novice

Map Crazy Cock - Tavern

I am creating maps for an upcoming campaign. Here's the main Tavern called the Crazy Cock. Right now this is floor 1. The bar will be on the 2nd floor which is coming up soon. Right now.. time for some rest.

Here's the 1st floor.

(This may change now that i think about a few things. For example the room above the main entrance should probably be the main storage room. Past that I can't think of anything else I might be missing. Kitchen and bar stuff is on the next floor.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crazycock.JPG 
Views:	2206 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	12302  
    Last edited by DavidK; 04-11-2009 at 05:49 PM. Reason: changes pending

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    I love the lighting! Any chance of a bigger pic to we can see more of the detail? Great map!
    Larger Version - 1st Floor

I like the look - it's reminding my of my youth playing RPGs and Ultima II and III...

Quick question - where are the stairs going to the 2nd floor? I'm probably blind, but thought I'd ask...

There should be a cellar of some sort too for cold goods.

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by guyanonymous View Post
    I like the look - it's reminding my of my youth playing RPGs and Ultima II and III...

Quick question - where are the stairs going to the 2nd floor? I'm probably blind, but thought I'd ask...
    That's a good question. Thanks for pointing that out. Yeah... thinking of a rather large storage area, and I might consider going underground for the refridgeration and cold storage. i think I may put the stairs in the right most hallway which puts the statue and garden in a grand area. That is I will make that area completely open.

Holy cow... 13 reputation points? That's rather humbling. Thanks!
    Last edited by DavidK; 04-11-2009 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by guyanonymous View Post
    My first thought exactly. This map reminds me of Ultima! I played VI and upwards though.

Excellent map! Have some more rep.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Oubliettte, Ultima II and the various Infocom games were some of the first games I played....sigh. Memories. And, interestingly, all three have distinct map styles - the last is just in your head.