Thread: Handmade Maps of my Hochland-Saga

Post Handmade Maps of my Hochland-Saga

1st Picture:
    Another handdrawn map of an island with some chinese and japanese background. I made this drawing in 2003 or 2004 in preparation of my actual campaign "The Hochtal-Saga". I kept this easy design in all maps of this campaign-world which includes many different cultures like early german and slav, french, spanish, normans, anglo-saxxon, late egypt and arabic, mongol and even chinese and japanese culture mixed with fantasy-races. The players were only able to visit four of this cultures yet (german, french, slav and elven).

2nd and 3rd Picture:
    This campaign started in the little town of "Bornheimer Riet" and was placed in the vale of "Hochtal" which could easy been translated as "high valley". The players charakters were born in this valley within mountains based on the Alps. It was here where they had their first adventures forming their classes. Yes, they have started as 0-level-Charakters like a farmers boy or a smiths apprentice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wu-Shu.jpg 
Views:	374 
Size:	183.6 KB 
ID:	12369   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BornheimerRiet.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	266.2 KB 
ID:	12370   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hochtal.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	231.4 KB 
ID:	12371  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Always nice to see some real hand-drawn maps posted. Any plans to take these 'digital'?
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Nice maps. I like the hand drawn look of them. It gives them a nice atmosphere and a feel all of their own.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Especially the second map is nice . What did you use?

I like the first one myself. The effort that had to be put in to make the script that clean and awesome looking had to be incredible. Also, the drawings at the side not only fit the style, butt they make it very clear what culture you are going for. They are a rather nice touch.

Tanks to all.

While I was creating my own little world, I had to draw a few maps like these. Therefore I have had to use this quick design.

@Sirith:
    I simply used a normal and coloured pencils on normal drawing-paper (nature, not bleached) for the 1st and 3rd map and hand-made paper for the 2nd map. The Script is made by fine felt pens.