Thread: FTpro - Lower land level without effecting water?

Default FTpro - Lower land level without effecting water?

Hi all,
    I am still getting to grips with FTpro and have come across a small problem. When I want to edit the coast by lowering it (with the prescale offset) it also lowers the sea around where I click too - which creates ugly looking pools of deeper water when it should be the same level as the water around it.

Is there anyway to only edit the coastline or land without effecting the water, or only bringing the water to sealevel so I don't get those deep pools?

Many thanks!

You could try selecting the land using Select>>Altitude Range from a low of 0 to a high of 10000000. Then your edits will only affect the previous land area.

There isn't a way I know to set a lower altitude cap on tool effects. If you're getting deep pools with the prescale offset tool, though, you likely have the value set too high (I generally use something on the order of 0.01 or less for prescale tools).

Very helpful as usual Waldronate! It didn't occur to me to use the Altitude range to select - this will probably fix the problem I think!

I was using a value of 0.01 but it was taking so long to wear away the coast and it seemed to effect the water next to it too, so I would keep going over the coast only to find it had deepened the adjacent water too.

Thanks!