Thread: New, Silent Cartographer

Default New, Silent Cartographer

Greetings, reader! My name is Darkmage (or, Zack, if you prefer!), and I am a 25-year-old creative writer, aspiring world-builder, novice cartographer, and start-up entrepreneur hailing from Southwest Florida, in the Naples/Fort Myers area.

I recently discovered The Cartographer's Guild through watching one of WASD20 / Nate V.'s YouTube videos on cartography and fantasy map-making (and I found WASD20 through a post/link in Wonderdraft's Discord server).

RPG video game fantasy maps such as Final Fantasy XI's Vana'diel, The Elder Scrolls series' Tamriel, and World of Warcraft's Azeroth all greatly inspired my imagination while growing up and playing those video game series.
    Back in college and even high school, several years ago, I would hand-draw and sketch my own 2D maps with paper and pencil in the white-spaces and backsides of classwork and homework assignments during my boring Algebra and Calculus classes. It must've had something to do with the teenage-rebel or day-dreamer idealist in me. Haha.

I graduated Florida Gulf Coast University in Spring 2017, two years ago, with my Bachelor's of Science in Business Management and minors in Entrepreneurship and Creative Writing. Since then, I have been writing, story-boarding, and world-building my own fictional universes and game design documents in conjunction with growing my business brand and interactive entertainment start-up company, AVEN Games.

Now, after writing and establishing many fantasy world locations, territories, terrain, and other details on-paper in my ever-evolving high-fantasy RPG game design document, I am finally seeking to create a visual world-map for it all.
    I may make the map myself through Wonderdraft or other map-making software, or I may partner with and/or commission someone else to do it for me. I am not entirely sure just yet, so we'll see soon enough.

I am happy to be here! Feel free to reach out to me to share ideas and/or collaborate! Thank you for reading.

Welcome to the Guild! I look forward to seeing what you'll create, it sounds like you'll fit right in
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.