This will be my first attempt at digital cartography, it's been over 20 years since I made any kind of fantasy map!

When I read about this months competition I quickly came up with an idea, just didn't know where to put it. After some discussion on this forum, with particular thanks to Redrobes I have chosen to create the frontier dock town of Gorsmering in Thrubmorton Fens.

Gorsmering sits in the marshy delta south of Knightstomb, and provides a trade link between Skolvendun and the Thrubmorton interior.

----

There are five Inns: The Golden Claw, The Half Full Crucible, The Bandy Sprite, The Lizards Head and of course Gorsmering Arms.

----

As well as providing a protected waypoint for it's client merchant ships Gorsmering is home to various trades including an apothecary, an alchemist, a basket maker, a blacksmith, a cooper, an armourer and an off the wall alchemist currently engaged in studying the commercial and military uses of marsh gas.

----

The small Gorsmering town militia, known locally as Swamp Rats have succeeded in partially pacifying the local Lizard men and banditry through a combination of cunning, bribery and brutality. There are still occasional random attacks on the town, but this only serves to keep the Rats in employment.

---

Despite being primarily a stockaded port, Gorsmering is surprisingly self sufficient in food with several fish ponds, vegetable gardens and a snail farm.

---

I think I'll leave the background there for now and get on with drawing the damn thing.