Thread: Jungles?

Help Jungles?

So, I've a question for ye fellows. How does one go about drawing a jungle for a mostly handdrawn, Tolkien-esque map, like the one attached?

The closest I've seen so far is this: http://www.cartographersguild.com//a...4&d=1223341945

But I just don't know how well it will fit with the rest of the map.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chuck_map6_wip2.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	12470  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Have you looked for anything like a palm tree symbol (or something similar) to base it off of? Maybe check some of the Profantasy symbol sets for some inspiration.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Well, after some trial-and-error, I'm using this for now. It works, I believe, and mostly at this point I'm trying to rough out a map for a story setting while I come up with races and such that should live in certain climates. In short, doing some worldbuilding for now.

Now, another question. Where would one believe marshes and the like to appear? I always, always, ALWAYS have trouble with those damned marshes. Which is weird, since I live in Florida. You'd think I'd have enough hands-on experience to be able to place them. Well, I'm north Florida, so maybe not.

Thanks for the help in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chuck_map6_wip2.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	12472  

Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name