Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waystation

Guild Journeyer

Well Tell me if this is better or not I think i like it better but after messing with it constantly i am begining to get frustrated with it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Waystation.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	326.3 KB 
ID:	12891

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I like it much more; the only thing I think might be missing is a stroke around the building. I know it's cartoony but it will help separate the building stone from the ground. Overall, though, much nicer.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Much improved!

I'm with Ascension, some definition around the building would be really good. With the ground textures, try overlaying more on top of them and using a cloud filter as a layer mask to break up the edges whcih are very defined. It'll give them a more natural look.

Your light source has a horizontal line which doesn't look great either, I'm not sure how you did the light....I'm guessing a gradient fill on a semicircle, again the quickest fix might be a layer mask and some judicious black blobs just to get rid of that horizontal line. Bring it under the layer with the fireplace too...that should help.

Also, try using a 'uniter' that's what I call it anyway. Think of a dominant theme colour for the map (maybe a reddish brown if you want somethng warm) and flood fill the top layer with that colour and set the blend mode to multiply. It should bring the colours together nicely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12