Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Advanced Base

Computer done.
    I'm figuring by this Tech Level, everyone will carry a 'Tablet' like the one now on the table, and it will also act as a remote to operate the videoscreen if you need a bigger image.

I've replaced the old metal sink with a white one (actually the bath I made, but somewhat compressed) and I messed about a bit more with the couch and added a figure to one of the beds, courtesy of Steel Rat. I just wanted to see if I could get a figure 'inside' the capsule, and I'm happy with the result.

Never thought I'd say this, but there are only a few items left that I haven't drawn from scratch, and I could probably replace those if I really wanted to (except for living things - there's absolutely no hope of that!)

Not sure if I'll add any more now, I've got distracted by another project that's become possible thanks to the skills I've developed on this one.
    Inkscape and Gimp make a powerful team - even for a beginner.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Advanced_Base_b.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	119.3 KB 
ID:	12764  
    Mapping a Traveller ATU.

See my (fantasy-based) apprenticeship blog at:

http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/cgi-bin/vi...forums&sx=1024

Look for Chit Chat, Sandmann's blog. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Kewl....the sofa looks a little blurry though. You may want to put some black lines where the shadows are deepest to give it some definition.
    Well, I said up-thread I was having some problems with the couch due to its complexity - it doesn't draw itself like the appliances. I couldn't even attempt a bed, clothing, or anything alive!

But I've had a go. Some of the blurring was from adding blur to make shadows, but I've sharpened them up a bit. Thanks for the feedback.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Advanced_Base_c.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	119.4 KB 
ID:	12848  
    Mapping a Traveller ATU.

See my (fantasy-based) apprenticeship blog at:

http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/cgi-bin/vi...forums&sx=1024

Look for Chit Chat, Sandmann's blog. Enjoy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234