Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [RPG] Herculoids: The AD&D Files

Link [RPG] Herculoids: The AD&D Files

Since many here are into RPGs and perhaps some classic cartoons, I thought I would mention this side project I've been working on. A couple of the guys over at the Dragonsfoot boards have been stating the various characters and creatures from the Herculoids cartoon series from Hanna-Barbera. I basically take their work and turn them into PDFs and created a website to host the work, so I'm proud to present...

Somewhere out in space live The Herculoids...Zok the laser-ray dragon! Igoo the giant rock ape! Tundro the tremendous! Gloop and Gleep, the formless fearless wonders! With Zandor their leader, and his wife, Tara, and son, Dorno, they team up to protect their planet from sinister invaders! All-strong! All-brave! All-heroes !! They are The Herculoids !!!
    The Herculoids: The AD&D Files

The write-ups use 1st & 2nd Edition AD&D (sorry to the 4e crowd - no plans for any 4e conversions). Think of it as retro gaming meets retro cartoons.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Neat stuff Turgenev, I have always loved the Herculoids. Igoo the Rock Ape is my favorite.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I'm a sucker for a lot of the old Hanna-Babera cartoons (with a few exceptions). Herculoids, Jonny Quest, Space Ghost, Galaxy Trio, Dino Boy, Josie and the Pussycats, Speed Buggy, Wacky Races, and even Scooby Doo (no Scrappy episodes please) - to name a few.

You can watch Herculoid episodes on fliiby.com. Here is the link to Episode 19 - Temple of Trax.
    http://fliiby.com/file/255929/oql9hyzpw4.html
    Cheers,
    Tim

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Wacky Races is one of my all time favorites too - the only thing better to me than Hanna-Barbera stuff are the classic Looney Tunes.

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Jonny Quest is probably my fave out of the HB cartoons. I have it and Wacky Races on DVD (and Scooby Doo, Space Ghost/Dino Boy, Birdman/Galaxy Trio, Hong Kong Phooey, and so on).
    Cheers,
    Tim

Thank god Cartoon Network came out with Boomerang. Lot's of classic Hanna-Barbera stuff on its own network.

Alas, in Canada we don't get the Cartoon Network - so no Boomerang for us. We do have our own version called Teletoon and they have a specialty version called 'Teletoon Retro' which shows a bunch of the old cartoons (up to the mid 80s) but not many Hanna-Barbera stuff (other than Scooby Doo, Flintstones and the Jetsons).
    Cheers,
    Tim

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I just wish I could find the old Bugs Bunny stuff.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I would they'd be on youtube somewhere...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast