Hello everybody!

I've found this forum about 3 hours ago and went through some posts. I love it and had to sign up.
A view words to introduce myself:
My name is Michael, I'm since 2006 in Canada (Victoria, BC). Actully I'm from Germany, the deep south, Bavaria, close to Austria. If you know the King's Castle "Neuschwanstein", then you know where I exactly come from.

I was always interested in History and Maps. Mostly I like the Middle Ages. Since the Lord of the rings I'm totally fascinated by the idea to make own maps and create almost own worlds. Yes, I know, I'm a bit slow :-). Kinda bad thins is only that I'm really in need of my computer to do this, because painting and drawing with my own hands is not really what I can do.

Well, I'm still looking for software, that fullfills my needs to make "real" looking maps of almost everything, from little villages, up to big cities and whole countries. Yeah, I know I'm crazy, but it looks like I'm not the only one here. :-)

Oh, I don't wanna forget to thank these people who started this forum and keep it running. I wish I would have found it already years ago. But anyways, great work you do ... keep it up!

Mayk