Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Karnorthe

Guild Apprentice

Wip Karnorthe

Now onto mean surface temperatures. Attached is the temperature map as generated by FT. It can be seen that this has ignored potential ocean and air currents but has to some extent taken into account altitudes. On the map dark red is the hottest (approx. 100-110 F, cooling to around -10 to 0 F at the poles)

The next step will be to superimpose the ocean and air currents onto the temperature map and see where the currents take the temperatures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hammer4.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	751.7 KB 
ID:	12912  
    Happiness is knowing your mapping software won't crash partway through an operation.

Guild Apprentice

Wow it has been a long time since I put anything here. Personally I blame a total computer failure and it taking a long time to rebuild everything. But now I'm back I will be doing more work on the world of Karnorthe.
    Happiness is knowing your mapping software won't crash partway through an operation.

Guild Apprentice

Wip

In the extremely long time since my last post there have been major changes to the world. I even thought about changing the planet's name has to Arana which the attached map shows. I like this iteration better. The continents seem to fit together better too. Anyway here is a preliminary copy of the world as it now stands.

Name:	arana2.png 
Views:	247 
Size:	731.1 KB 
ID:	42012  
    Last edited by Antony; 06-25-2013 at 04:17 AM.

I very much like the shape of your continents. They're not blocky, like a lot of maps, and just have a nice feel about them.

Guild Apprentice

Wip Continent of Arana

Here is the largest continent on the world, I decided to call the continent Arana and keep the world name as Karnorthe. The map also shows the central and eastern regions of the smaller western continent called Ethryn. It splits the oceans of the world in half, rather like North and South America so will have a wide variety of eco-systems present.

Name:	continentarrana.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	2.95 MB 
ID:	42141  
    Last edited by Antony; 06-25-2013 at 04:18 AM.

What about all the maps about climatics and oceanic currents you've done ... do they still apply? Those were astounding

Guild Apprentice

The currents will need to be modified since the continent size and placement has altered. The big continent will interfear with the ocean currents since it straddles so much of the world. So the results will be interesting. I'll have another go at these shortly.

looking forward to seeing those!

Guild Apprentice

Wip Continent of Ethryn

Here is the latest incarnation of my old continent of Ethryn. This is the one I basically cut from the old world and pasted into the new one where it looked more at home. On its new world it has basically been moved a little further north and is no longer the worlds dominant landmass.

Name:	continentethryn.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	2.58 MB 
ID:	42240  
    Last edited by Antony; 06-25-2013 at 04:20 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12