Thread: Jesse's WIPs

Wip Jesse's WIPs

I just realized that I've yet to post anywhere except for my introduction! But I have been working on some maps based off of the 'Atlas Style' tutorial for photoshop, with a couple tweaks obviously.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Region map.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	195.9 KB 
ID:	12529   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map of Tarkun.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	317.6 KB 
ID:	12530  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Coming along nicely, would love to see something a little larger/higher rez.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

It warms me heart to see these. That second one is quite nice. I think the first one has a bevel issue that you fixed in the second one. Keep fiddling away and experimenting and hopefully I'll be learnin from you
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Coming along nicely, would love to see something a little larger/higher rez.
    I don't know why they're so small, I'll have to double check the PSD files. Hope I didn't shrink them!

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    It warms me heart to see these. That second one is quite nice. I think the first one has a bevel issue that you fixed in the second one. Keep fiddling away and experimenting and hopefully I'll be learnin from you
    Yeah, I had a hard time getting the ocean right using your method so I used the base clouds as a texture on the ocean layer rather then using blending layers.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

These looks pretty good. Hope to see more as you go along.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...