Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: [Award Winner] Create a non-destructive editable map in Photoshop

Looking good IG! I fast found that for me anway, the tutorial is not so good for buildings though. Was the tutorial easy enough to follow?

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Looking good IG! I fast found that for me anway, the tutorial is not so good for buildings though. Was the tutorial easy enough to follow?
    Yes, it was. I was a bit lost on the first part for the sea, though.. The way I read it, the top layer completely obscured the other two.... the one with the render clouds on a white flood-filled background. I finally ran the clouds on a layer mask and it worked fine, but it didn't say that in the tut. Otherwise, it worked fabulously.... though I got a little lazy towards the end.

And, as I'm sure is quite obvious, I didn't download the eyecandy filters. Yet.

Thanks for the tutorial, btw... I will definitely use it again (and again....). Rep to you!

*EDIT* Bah! Someone rep Ravs for me!

-IG

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Duly repped at IG's request *BONK*
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

<s> thanks SG (on behalf of IG)...I'll take a look at that sea layer again. I suspect I forgot to put in that the layer was set to multiply so the white didn't show or something. Seriously do download the eyecandy jiggle filter, it's a beauty.

This tut is great. I have not got yet time to create a map with it but I have read it through and I'm already familiar with all the steps presented there. There were couple of things though I have not actively used in my mapping yet (like jiggle to break out the outlines or even the mail principle to use white to draw the area for the texture and then just setting the layer style applying the actual texture). I sure need to keep this in my mind when starting a new project.
    Thank you ravells for this....

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Seriously do download the eyecandy jiggle filter, it's a beauty.

Wow, those are a bit pricey for my pocket!! Is the jiggle filter only part of After Effects? That's the only place I could find it in the examples...
    -÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷
    “It is not down in any map; true places never are.” (Herman Melville)

“A good map is both a useful tool and a magic carpet to far away places." (unknown)

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Oh cool, thanks for the link Ravs!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I tried that, but the 'free' version is for the Classic Mac OS. Pre-OS X. I haven't run the Classic environment in years.
    -÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷
    “It is not down in any map; true places never are.” (Herman Melville)

“A good map is both a useful tool and a magic carpet to far away places." (unknown)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast