Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [Award Winner] Create a non-destructive editable map in Photoshop

Hmm you could try using the 'ripple' filter followed by an 'ocean ripple' filter...that gets break up too.

I started messing around with this tutorial again trying to get the feel of things. Here's what I've got. Having some color profile issues that I can't figure out for some reason though since I got the new computer. It's all too dark.

-IG
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.png 
Views:	317 
Size:	769.1 KB 
ID:	12730  

Actually I liked where this was going, so I moved it to a WIP forum.

Yeah, the color looks fine here to me, too.. apparently it's the picture viewer in vista that doesn't see the color well. I think I can live with that!

-IG

This is great, i use photoshop Cs4 and its quite simple, i am working on a RPG at the moment and i needed a map that looked like this, can't wait to try it out.

Downloaded the Eye Candy filters but have no idea how to install them.

I'm using PS CS4 and have tried copying the filters to several directories but no luck.

Still a rookie, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

did it come with a setup exe? Mine did, then it autoinstalls to the correct directory. Then the first time you run it it asks for the serial number and off you go.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotemax View Post
    did it come with a setup exe? Mine did, then it autoinstalls to the correct directory. Then the first time you run it it asks for the serial number and off you go.
    Yes, but it looks as if all the install does is put it into a directory of my choosing.

For example the last step of the install is to select a destination directory.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast