Thread: Keep those spam reports coming in

Post Keep those spam reports coming in

This is just a very big THANK YOU to all our members who report the spammers.

We try to keep the site clean and delete the spam as and where we find it, but the reports help us find them faster and delete their posts before they can fulfil their nefarious ends!

So thank you for caring enough about the guild to keep the site clear for everyone.

These damn spammers seem to be getting cleverer by the day, so be vigilant and report 'em where you find em!

I think we should start having rep bounties for spam reports!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Heh heh, like a Spam Hunter D (take off on Vampire Hunter D) badge for like every dozen spams bountied and brought to justice.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Heh heh, like a Spam Hunter D (take off on Vampire Hunter D) badge for like every dozen spams bountied and brought to justice.
    First thing that popped into my head when I read this is hundreds of carnivorous cans of SPAM terrorizing the countryside, while some lonely warrior fights a losing battle trying to defend the locals.

Sometimes I really wonder where these things come from
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I am telling you, Arcana should just make everyone a CL. That way there will be no problems at all
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

SG -- that sounds like a cool map
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Journeyer

I'll be honest, you guys must be doing a great job on the issue. I don't think I've ever noticed spam posts. But I tend to just browse the new posts page and only click things that sound interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Talroth View Post
    I'll be honest, you guys must be doing a great job on the issue. I don't think I've ever noticed spam posts. But I tend to just browse the new posts page and only click things that sound interesting.
    While I have caught them before I am with talroth here. You guys are doing a great job dealing with it.
    My Map Portfolio
    -----
    Unless otherwise stated, all my work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    I am telling you, Arcana should just make everyone a CL. That way there will be no problems at all
    I tried that already...didn't work out too well...one bad apple and all lol. *eyeballs Gandwarf*
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    I tried that already...didn't work out too well...one bad apple and all lol. *eyeballs Gandwarf*
    Ouch..

-IG

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I kid, I kid! i trust all of you clowns! really i do!
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin