Thread: April-May: Shrine of the Mother

Post April-May: Shrine of the Mother

Hi All

Just thought I post progress so far on my entry for the Mini Comp.

I'm submitting a small druidical shrine to the Mother Goddess, ole Mother Nature Herself. The structure is a small shirine set in a woodland setting, with broad statue lined avenue leading to the steps of the shrine, a raised dias has another large statue of the Goddess along with braziers and urns. To the rear of the shrine a pond sits in idylic surroundings.

Just got to put some doors on and fill the interior chambers now.

Later all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shrine.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	12591  

Yay! Another entry, and a really nice one too! I really like the texture blending of the edge of the path leding up to the shrine. The repeats in the grass texture is showing a bit though - maybe put a grunge layer on top and lower the opacity a bit? You're using CC3 I think? If you go to the quicklinks tab at the top and select 'edit your details' there is now a box in which you can put in the software you're using which really helps people C&Cing maps.

Guild Journeyer

This looks really good. I like the fish in the pond and the statues. I was just wondering if the black lines are gonna be rooms?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Coming along nicely.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Ok well I finished it, managed to de-pattern the grass somewhat and put the furnishings in the priests/druids quarters of the shrine. Plus I added some more fluff to the exterior map.

Hope you all like

John

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	62 
Size:	2.98 MB 
ID:	12916  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Very rich looking, nice work.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I know you said you're finished, but I might suggest putting in a scale bar or something. At first glance I assume a typical 5-foot square, but that'd make the bed nearly 12 feet long... not to mention the size of that axeblade!

Just my .02.

-IG

Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica View Post
    I know you said you're finished, but I might suggest putting in a scale bar or something. At first glance I assume a typical 5-foot square, but that'd make the bed nearly 12 feet long... not to mention the size of that axeblade!

Just my .02.

-IG
    Hehe, added a quick scale marker. The pattern on the marble floor is misleading as each 5 x 5 square has 4 tiles in it, so easy to see how that could make the scale look large.

The axe is a bit big, but not by a long shot.

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	72 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	13166