Thread: Land of the Golden City

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

Wip Land of the Golden City

Greetings All,

I've been doing mapping by hand for years now and finally shifted to electronic cartography. This is my first crack at using CC3. The map is for a D&D campaign I am running based on a synthesis of the Points of Light Campaign and the ancient/historical/mythological eastern Mediterranean.

Things I learned making this map...
    *Put trees, mountains, etc on different sheets. It worked out to give the trees and mountains the same effects on this map but I would have liked to have more control.
    *Similarly, put different contour effects on different sheets for the same reason. The contour around the "Nile" didn't come out quite the way I would have liked.
    *Make sure contour effects draw past the edge of the map so they don't fade in a straight line when edge fade effects are applied.
    *There is no substitute for hand-drawing 10,000 tiny trees to indicate a forest.
    *Put small islands on a separate sheet from main land masses. The inner edge glow effect needs to be much smaller.

Any comments/advice/constructive criticism you have would be much appreciated.

Edit: The map has been updated with a bigger resolution.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Land of the Golden City.JPG 
Views:	147 
Size:	2.32 MB 
ID:	12617  
    Last edited by ElfSpeaker; 04-20-2009 at 09:57 AM.