Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Designing a map for a fantsy kingdom, have a look!

So are you actually handwriting all of these names, or did you turn your handwriting into a font to use?

If the former, your consistency is amazing! I wish my writing was that artistic and consistent. Turning it into a font might well be worth consideration.
    If the latter, any chance we could persuade you to release the font for others to use, as well? It's amazing, and I think it really helps that lovely rough, hand-drawn authenticity.

Well, I've updated the mountains;

Now, to get to work on the coastline, the ugly little islands up the top left and to hand write all the location names.

Quote Originally Posted by altasilvapuer View Post
    So are you actually handwriting all of these names, or did you turn your handwriting into a font to use?

If the former, your consistency is amazing! I wish my writing was that artistic and consistent. Turning it into a font might well be worth consideration.
    If the latter, any chance we could persuade you to release the font for others to use, as well? It's amazing, and I think it really helps that lovely rough, hand-drawn authenticity.
    Currently it's just a font haha, hence why the consistency is actually *perfect*

I'll update it again once I've written all the names in myself.

Oh, and here's the font for anyone who wants to use it!;

http://www.dafont.com/search.php?psi...a+Saint-Andrew
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mountaingrunge.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	432.1 KB 
ID:	12681  
    Last edited by Steel General; 04-22-2009 at 10:02 AM.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Yeah, now the mountains and font are in line together. If your handwriting can match up stylistically, as well, then this will be pretty great!
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I've reattached your image so that it will use the thumb-nailer.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123