Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Tartarus - Prisoner Transport Deckplans

Quote Originally Posted by alaskanflyboy View Post
    My first thought when looking at this map, though, was; the crew sure sits closer than the prisoners to radioactive stuff that can potentially make them sterile for life.
    I'm going with the idea that the engine room has proper shielding so there is no risk of radioactive exposure for anyone. That is if the ship is even using radioactive fuel. As far as I know, ion drives wouldn't be considered to be radioactive in nature.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Re the prisoners escaping: I think that the reason why is because many books / films would be very boring if the prisoners did not escape.

Great plans, Turgenev! I could rep you all day for these but it won't let me for the time being!
    Thanks Ravi. As for prisoners escaping, I was thinking that is the power went out, there could be a back-up system that drops steel bars from the ceiling, thus sealing off the cells. I guess it depends on what the GM's goal is. To have the prisoners escape and cause havoc on the ship or wait until they dropped off on a prison planet where they have to fend for themselves without any outside assistance.

As for the rep, save it for the finish product. This is still a work in progress. I have a few more touches to do on this level and then I need to draw the next level.
    Cheers,
    Tim

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Thanks Ravi. Here's the finalized pic of the Prisoner deck level (for now at least ).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tartarus-lowerdeck.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	616.4 KB 
ID:	12665

The grey area under the ladders (in the airlocks towards the fuel reserves) represent an open space. Basically there is a crawl space under this level that has an access to more fuel reserves. Plus there is the level above this one where the ship's flight crew are stationed.
    Last edited by Turgenev; 04-21-2009 at 10:35 PM. Reason: fixed typo
    Cheers,
    Tim

question here but where are the engines? are they on another level?
    My Map Portfolio
    -----
    Unless otherwise stated, all my work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

The engines are at the back in the area labeled Engineering and will be on the next level and on the level underneath this one. Basically they span all of the levels of the ship. I ended up tweaking the map again so here is the revised version. It's not over until the map shows up in the Finished Maps subforum.

Views:	176 
Size:	619.6 KB 
ID:	12671
    Cheers,
    Tim

I did some revising (I changed the name from lower deck to middle deck) and added a new level.

Views:	373 
Size:	451.5 KB 
ID:	12688

Name:	tartarus-middledeck.jpg 
Views:	324 
Size:	619.9 KB 
ID:	12687
    Cheers,
    Tim

Guild Journeyer

Quote Originally Posted by Turgenev View Post
    My wife mentioned about putting all prisoners to sleep in cryogenic pods but I mentioned that the power requirements were too high and expensive and it was cheaper to treat the prisoners as rodents in a cage. I picture this prisoner transport ship as having various security measures set up including gas flooding the cell block rending all unconscious.
    Well, you stuff them into prisoner sized boxes, stuff a feeding tube down their throats, a few "collector" vacuum tubes up the needed holes, and provide just enough O2 to keep them from actually dieing. Chill them a little by a heat exchange on their O2 line that goes near a cold side of the hull.

A design I'm planning to use in a computer game, basically if you're not wealthy, the only way to travel is like that, possibly with come tissue stabilizing agents used to keep people from aging. Poor passengers would be handled the same as bulk containers! And be really screwed if someone messes up paperwork and stuffs them in the back of a warehouse for fifty years or so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12