Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What are you playing?

Well I play.....D&D (yup, no big suprise there ), and I play Neverwinternights, and Battlefierd 1942, BF2, and BF2142, and I also play the Dungeons & Dragons Skirmish Game.

As for reading, I read mostly fantasy, some Sci-Fi, and the best alternate history books I read are Harry Turtledove's WWII books dealing with an alien invasion at the height of the war.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Post Yeah I loved the Alvin the Maker Books

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    Did you ever read Orson Card's Alvin Maker books? They're set a little later than the colonial age, but they assume that all of the superstitions of the 1700's are true. As is so often true with Card, the first couple of books are amazing, but he carries things a little too far as he goes along. Still, they're very clever, if a little heavy on the allegory at times.
    But really after Red Prophet, it kinda went south.

I loved how Napolean has a camio appearance and gives a "charm" to LaFayette, saying that his enormous popularity as a General and French leader was due to an enchanted charm he carried.

Excellent series of books though, Orson Scott Card is great for characterization.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    I have wanted to play or be te Storyteller for Exalted for a long time... I tried the sample adventure from WW's website, but my group didn't really enjoy it.
    You might look at the Exalted Compendium Redux for questions about the game. I suppose I can also pimp my own intro adventure, Forgotten Suns, which also contains some of my map work.

For Shadowrun, Dumpshock is a good place to start.

These kinds of posts are always fun, so hmmmm, let’s see…

It’s probably best if I give a bit of personal background before talking about what I’m playing. I’m female, 49 years old, been married to the same guy for 24 years, have two sons aged 23 and 19. I’ve been a stay at home mom for 22 years, but before that I worked as FORTRAN programmer and also did technical writing on the side.

So, I’m an old timer and my gaming preferences reflect this.

On the game side of things, I’m the primary DM for our weekly gaming night, and we’ve been playing almost every week since 1983. I DM using a homebrew concoction of rules that combine 1st & 2nd AD&D, my hubby DMs occasionally using the original Rolemaster rules (you know the very, very original ones from the 80’s) and my older son DMs a 3rd edition campaign for us from time to time. We also translate some parts of our pen and paper game to table top war gaming using War Law for Rolemaster and the 2E Battle System (with homebrew modifications of course) for D&D.

I’ve also been an Assistant DM(builder/scripter) for the Neverwinter Nights 1 persistent world at A Land Far Away: www.alandfaraway.org where I was one of the major forces in bringing an Underdark server to the PW, and am currently signed up to work on their NWN2 uunderdark server, though free time has been scarce for me lately and I haven’t participated much.

Other than that I read fantasy fiction, play free form play by post games occasionally because I love to write, and generally spend any time that’s left mapping out my campaign world, gardening, or just hanging out with family and friends.

Basically, I an old time gamer with a lot of free time on my hands to dedicate to gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Wordman View Post
    You might look at the Exalted Compendium Redux for questions about the game. I suppose I can also pimp my own intro adventure, Forgotten Suns, which also contains some of my map work.

For Shadowrun, Dumpshock is a good place to start.
    How funny! When I was originally looking for more Exalted material/information I actually found your Forgotten Suns site and already pillaged it of everything I could.

I will definitely check out the Exalted Compendium forums when/if I can convince my group to give it a shot. Thanks for the link!
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Shessar View Post
    These kinds of posts are always fun, so hmmmm, let’s see…

It’s probably best if I give a bit of personal background before talking about what I’m playing. I’m female, 49 years old, been married to the same guy for 24 years, have two sons aged 23 and 19. I’ve been a stay at home mom for 22 years, but before that I worked as FORTRAN programmer and also did technical writing on the side.
    FORTRAN... I'm sorry.

So, I’m an old timer and my gaming preferences reflect this.

Basically, I an old time gamer with a lot of free time on my hands to dedicate to gaming.
    A lot of free time... *sigh* how I miss it.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Guild Member

Strangely, I don't play any RPG's. I play CRPG's (single player) when I get a chance. I am a collector more than anything in the RPG arena, owning a bit over 2,000 original mint pieces from the D&D (pre AD&D) era of TSR and Judges Guild. If it is available, I have one or two. If it is not available, I still likely have one! It took 25 years of active collecting and sifting through shops and online to get to where I am.

And as for me, I am 40, married for 15 years with a boy (9) and a girl (6), two dogs (mixed coon hound / lab) two cats, and a currently only one really big fish tank (200 gallons) but generally about 4 (I just can't keep them all up). Professionally I have been an EVP/COO type in the software/IT services industry for a bit over a decade. I chase kids, read, write, collect things, and make maps.

Guild Member

I play my homebrewed sci-fi game. I've been running it in one form or another for the past 15 years and have even run a nearly year long session on OpenRPG.

I'm actually currently running a session in-person for someone who has created many different characters to play different sides of the story.

I've also played a session of Werewolf.

As far as electronic (console, computer) RPGs, I've only played FF7, FF9 and the online FF at a friends place, FlyFF, & the Diablo franchise. I still prefer to think and write instead of staring at a screen.

Other than that... I'm pretty mundane at just about any other system, but I do like lurking in games regardless of the system.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345